CCTV Drainage Surveys in South Wales
Homebuyers Drain Survey.
Is everything OK below ground? We all have the structure of the building checked as we can see that. Now, Homebuyers’ Drain Surveys are quickly becoming common place and should always form part of your enquiries before exchanging contracts.
This survey is separate to the Building Surveyor and costs much less but could save you thousands of pounds in the long term. You are responsible for all Drains on your property. Imagine finding out there were problems underground after you bought the house. Surely, it would be a wise decision to have a Survey done before you spend all that money on the biggest purchase of your life!
Since the 1st of June 2007, homes in England and Wales have needed to arrange a Home Information Pack (HIP) before it is put up for sale. A drainage survey can be included in this report. Elite Pipeline Services can provide a fully comprehensive Report, including recommendations and quotations for any remedial work discovered. This can give you the power to re-negotiate the sale price of the property if any remedial work is required.
Is your property connected to a Cesspit / Septic Tank? The Laws have changed this year Jan’ 2020 regarding these and we can advise what is required of you now.
Here are some of the reasons to have a drain survey carried out by a certified drainage surveyor on a property you are buying or selling.
NADC C-D-S (Certified Drainage Surveyor) will provide you with easy to read and understand reports which will include:
- Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
- Mis-connections identification and reporting
- Drainage system ownership – Private / Water Company
- Mapping – drawing to show drainage system locations and components
- Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW’s (Water Searches)
- Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
- Water company could be for-warned about defects on their asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems.
- Most RICS building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
- Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
- Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
- Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system
Build Over Survey
You must carry out a Build Over Survey if there is a sewer within 3m of any extension walls or footings of your property that you are planning to extend or build over. We can locate, to the nearest centimetre, the depth and position of any Sewer pipes or junctions underground.
You may be thinking of building an extension on your home and need to find the correct position and condition of existing drainage near your property. You may be looking to connect to nearby services. If you are building over or near any existing Sewers, Welsh Water DCWW will insist on this type of Drain Survey.
What can CCTV reveal?
Some of the Areas Elite Pipeline Cover
- Dinas Powys
- Llantwit Fadre
- Llantwit Major
- Taffs Well